Frequently Asked Questions
RedPlum is the ultimate source of value—online, in your mailbox, on your doorstep, with your newspaper, and in your store.
We're your team of personal shoppers ready to bring you amazing local and national deals on grocery, entertainment, travel, clothing and more. Everyday we're working hard to find the best deals, offers and tips on the latest trends and bring them right to you. Please check through our FAQs below to answer your question, however, if you can not find the info you need, please call our Customer Service Team.
About RedPlum Offers
How often are new offers added to redplum.com?
New offers and coupons are added to the site daily! Come back often to check on your favorite categories!
Where do redplum.com offers and coupons come from?
Offers and coupons come directly from thousands of manufacturers, retailers, vendors and select online partners.
Why don't I see any local offers in my area?
RedPlum has local offers for most areas within the United States. There are some gaps that we are currently working hard to fill. Stay tuned and check back with us often. E-mail us with suggestions at email@example.com.
How long do the offers and coupons remain on the site for?
All offers and coupons are live on the site for up to 30 days or until the expiration date – whichever comes first.
How is the expiration date determined on offers and coupons?
The expiration date is set by the offer manufacturer or vendor.
About redplum.com Membership
What are the benefits of becoming a redplum.com member?
- RedPlum is committed to providing our members with the very best, you will receive personalized alerts on new offers and redplum.com features.
- You will have the chance to win great prizes by entering various contests, sweepstakes, and more.
- You will receive exclusive deals and FREE samples of today's hottest new products.
- You will receive our bi-weekly member enewsletter "RedPlum Picks" which is full of new offers, great deals, hot coupon codes and contests!
Do I have to pay to be a member of redplum.com?
No, joining redplum.com is completely FREE!
What information do you collect on members?
When registering to become a member of redplum.com, you will only be asked for information that will assist with site personalization and communication. You will be asked to provide a first name, last name or last initial, your ZIP code, your gender, and your e-mail address.
If you are registering for a contest, sweepstakes or to receive a free sample, you may be asked to provide additional information relevant to the promotion.
How often will I get e-mail from redplum.com?
Our general member e-mail communication is the RedPlum Picks enewsletter that goes out every other Tuesday. Over time members will have the opportunity to opt-in to special e-mail alerts or other specialty enewsletters for specific deal and offer categories.
Do you sell or provide your e-mail list to other venders?
About Site Access & Login
I am having trouble viewing the site. It seems to take a long time to load?
In order to view redplum.com you need to have Flash Player version 9. This is a free upgrade and can be obtained by going to www.adobe.com and clicking on the "Get Adobe Flash Player Now" button in the lower right hand corner. Follow the instructions to install this version and you should be able to easily view redplum.com with a broad range of internet browsers including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and more.
I have created a RedPlum.com account and did not receive a confirmation e-mail.
If you have not received the RedPlum confirmation e-mail, please first check your "Junk Mail" or "SPAM" mail folders. If you are still unable to view the confirmation e-mail please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have created an account but I can not sign in.
You must activate your account via the confirmation e-mail sent after the successful completion of registration. Please check your inbox, and follow the provided instructions. If you are still experiencing difficulty please contact us at email@example.com.
I am a RedPlum.com member and forgot my log in information.
Select the "Sign In" link at the top of the page; here you will be provided with a link to "Forgot Password". Answer the questions accordingly and you will be able to retrieve your account information. If you are still experiencing difficulties please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Printing Coupons
How do I print a coupon?
There are two ways to print coupons on RedPlum.
- In our Grocery Section you'll notice the scissors image on each printable coupon. To "clip" that coupon simply click the checkbox next to the scissors. When you've "clipped" all the printable coupons you want from that page scroll to the bottom and click on the "Print all Clipped Offers" button.
- Outside the Grocery Section, the printable coupons on RedPlum have a "more info" link. Click it and a box will open with buttons that let you print, save or send the coupon. (If you don't see a "print" button, that deal is an online offer; you'll instead find a link to the site where the deal is located, as well as a coupon code if needed).
Why am I being asked to install a Coupon Printer?
If this is your first time printing coupons from RedPlum you will be prompted to download our Coupon Printer application. This is a small application that will reside on your hard drive and enable you to print offers directly from our site. It will not collect or store any information, nor will it interfere with your other programs.
Why do I need the Coupon Printer?
The coupon printer helps RedPlum and the manufacturer manage the overall distribution and security of coupons and offers in circulation. Better security enables manufactures to continue to pass on great savings to you. Coupon printer applications are also used by other major coupon sites.
I am still unable to print coupons. What can I do?
If you've downloaded the Coupon Printer application and are still unable to print, here's a quick checklist to troubleshoot some of the most common issues.
- Ensure that your printer is connected, on and ready with proper paper and ink cartridges.
- Verify that your printer is selected as a default printer. You must have a default printer selected for your computer, and it must be a real, paper-based printer, not a virtual fax machine, file printer or PDF creator. Follow the manufacturer's instructions that came with your computer for setting up your printer. If your printer is a multi-function device (print, fax, copy, scan) please make sure the default printer is the print function, not the fax function.
- Verify that your computer's operating system or browser is compatible. Coupon printing is currently supported on Windows 98, NT4, 2000, ME, and XP when used with Internet Explorer 5+, Netscape 7+, FireFox 1.0+ and most MSN and AOL browsers. Coupon printing is also supported on Macintosh when using Safari under OS X 10.3 and higher. Coupon printing is not supported by the Compuserve 2000 7.0 browser. While connected to Compuserve, use Internet Explorer or another browser to print your coupons. Coupon printing is also not supported on Linux or WebTV.
- Double check that you fully installed the Coupon Printer application
Look for the "Coupon Printer" application icon or listing on your computer. It may either be on your desktop or alternate drive/ folder depending on what you selected during the download process. If you don't find it, you may need to try installing it again. It's free, safe and easy to use. It does not install any form of spyware or adware or collect any personal information about you. Once it has been downloaded and installed, a process that only takes a few seconds, you will be able to print coupons from our site and from e-mails you might receive.
I am unable to install the Coupon Printer. What can I do?
Try checking the following:
- Do you have adequate permission to download programs on your computer or the computer you are using? Or are you using software that blocks the installation of applications? If you are trying to print coupons at work or from a computer at a library, Internet cafe or university, you may not have permission to download and install programs onto the computer you are using. This may be true even if you've downloaded and installed other files. Contact your network administrator for more information. If you have a home computer, you may find it easier to access our coupons there. You might also be running software that prevents installation on your computer. Please make sure to turn off any anti-virus software or any anti-spyware or adware software. While we have attempted to work with most of the major publishers of such software to ensure that our Coupon Printer is not blocked, there may be programs that block the installation, or put up a warning that you are about to install a program. You should choose to allow the installation.
- Are the security settings on your browser set too high? If you receive warnings or errors that an attempt to install an ActiveX control (Internet Explorer) or a plug-in was blocked, or are asked for permission to install a program, you may need to change your browser's security settings to allow installation of these types of controls. Also, make sure to click the appropriate buttons in any dialog boxes that appear to allow the installation. Modern browsers make you jump through a few hoops to install plug-ins, but it's worth it!
- Verify that your operating system or browser is compatible Coupon printing is currently supported on Windows 98, NT4, 2000, ME, and XP when used with Internet Explorer 5+, Netscape 7+, FireFox 1.0+ and most MSN and AOL browsers. Coupon printing is also supported on Macintosh when using Safari under OS X 10.3 and higher. Coupon printing is not supported by the CompuServe 2000 7.0 browser. While connected to CompuServe, use Internet Explorer or another browser to print your coupons. Coupon printing is not supported on Linux or WebTV.
Why is there a limit for how many times some coupons can be printed from RedPlum?
Manufacturers or retailers often set print limits on coupons in order to:
- Help track coupons that are distributed online
- Regulate the number of coupons in circulation
- Ensure that more consumers have access to coupons for product trial
- Provide some security measures to prevent theft or fraud
To accomplish this, print limits are often set for coupons to ensure that each consumer or printer can only print a set maximum number of coupons.
About My Saved Coupons
What happens to a coupon or offer that is saved in "My Saved Coupons" when it expires?
When a coupon expires it will remain in your "My Saved Coupons" for 5 days. After that it will be removed from the site.
The coupons/offers in "My Saved Coupons" have disappeared. Why did this happen?
There are a few reasons why they may have disappeared:
- They could have reached their expiration date
- If you are not a member offers may not save once you leave the site. As a member you do not have to worry about losing your favorite offers – sign up today, IT'S FREE.
About Offer or Coupon Redemption
Do I need to print an offer or coupon to get the advertised deal?
We advise that you print all offers you wish to redeem. All offers are subject to terms and conditions, please see vendor site for details.
Why do these coupons look different than what I see from these vendors in the paper?
All redplum.com coupons and offers follow a standardized format so that they can be readily printed by consumers on their home computer printers. This standardized format will aid local merchants in identifying redplum.com offers at the point of sale.
Who do I call if my local merchant will not accept the offer?
If you have any difficulty when attempting to use an offer, you can download the attached RedPlum Letter for Retailers and Business Owners that will help to inform businesses about redplum.com coupons. If you have any additional issues, please contact the RedPlum customer service center at 1-800-313-6880 between the hours of 9am – 9pm EST.
I am a retailer/ local merchant and want to verify that an offer a customer has brought into my location is legitimate. How can I check this?
Please download the RedPlum Letter for Retailers and Business Owners to see more details regarding what the coupons look like and what elements to look for to identify legitimate RedPlum.com coupons. Please contact our customer service center at 1-800-313-6880 between the hours of 9am-9pm EST.
About Advertising on redplum.com
If you are interested in advertising online with redplum.com, contact our online sales team.
If you are interested in advertising with RedPlum printed media such as newspaper inserts, coupon books or direct mail packages, contact our print sales team.
RedPlum Mail Package Mailing List
How do I know where to find my RedPlum Coupon Book?
To see where you can find your RedPlum coupon book (through the mail or newspaper), visit redplum.com/gooddeal and enter your address
How can I get my address REMOVED from your RedPlum Mail Package mailing list?
We'll miss you, but if you want to remove your address from our mailing list you can do so online by Clicking here and complete the form to submit your request. Or, you can also call our toll free number 800-437-0479, and select option 3 (8:30 am-5:00pm EST). Note that it may take up to 5-6 weeks for this request to take effect.